Georgia and National Election Schedules 2020 -
There has been a lot of decisions and multiple changes relating to the elections in 2020 as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic which has resulted in a lot of confusion and questions. Our hope is that this information will help clarify the processes for you.
- The Presidential Preference Primary (originally scheduled for March 24, 2020), and the General Primary Election and NonPartisan General Election (both originally scheduled for May 19, 2020) have been combined and the new election date is June 9, 2020.
- The Secretary of State’s office mailed out Absentee Ballot applications to all active registered voters before he moved the election date to June 9, 2020. Now that the election date has been moved to June 9th, there is a very good chance that the polls will be open.
- To be on the safe side and to ensure that your vote counts in this election, we encourage you to complete the Absentee Ballot application and request an Absentee Ballot.
- It is not a requirement that you vote by Absentee Ballot. As a matter of fact, to cut down on voter fraud, President Trump is encouraging all who can to go to the polls and vote in person on June 9th or during early voting (which begins May 18, 2020).
- If you received an Absentee Ballot that’s perfectly fine. All you will need to do is take your unmarked Absentee Ballot to the polls with you and turn it in to the poll worker, in exchange for the ability to vote on the voting machine. It’s that simple! If you fail to bring your unmarked Absentee Ballot to the polls, you will only be allowed to complete a Provisional Ballot.
- At the polls, please make sure that you are given the correct requested ballot (Republican, we hope!) There have been previous reports of poll workers telling voters “It doesn’t matter”. Yes, it does!
- If you are unable to go to the polls and vote in person, please complete your Absentee Ballot and make sure it gets to your Board of Elections office by June 9, 2020.
This is an extremely important election year and every vote counts!! If you need any assistance (completing the application, Absentee Ballot, getting to the polls, etc.) please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to help and ensure that your vote counts!Please share this information with your Republican friends, family, neighbors, church members, co-workers, etc. The less confusion about this election the better!Blessings to all,MGRW Executive Committee